Rejuvenate Your Smile with Teeth Implants Procedure in Burr Ridge, IL
Are you finding yourself smiling less because of tooth loss? If you’re nodding in agreement, there is a relief for you. At Janet S. Stopka DDS, PC, Burr Ridge, IL, residents have access to professionals with extensive experience to provide treatment options to restore their smile. While tooth loss can diminish your confidence, teeth implants procedures in Burr Ridge, IL, can get you smiling with confidence again.
What is a dental implant?
Each of your teeth has roots deeply grounded in the jawbone to provide the tooth with stability. Unfortunately, trauma and periodontitis can lead to tooth loss, requiring the dentist to fit a dental implant to replace the root. The procedure involves implanting a small screw-shaped device in the jaw bone. And since the device is biocompatible, it fuses with the jaw bone after some time, establishing sturdy support for restoration.
After several months of allowing infusion with the bone, you will have to make a trip to the dentist, where a small incision is made on the gum, and an abutment is placed on the implant. A cemented or screwed crown is installed to complete the teeth implant procedure.
Benefits of a dental implant
After visiting our dentistry, if the dentist recommends dental implants, you might be wondering what benefits you can derive from the treatment. Here are the benefits of dental implants, making it one of the most popular dental procedures.
- Matches your natural teeth: Since dental implants come in different sizes and shapes, your dentist chooses implants that closely match your natural teeth.
- Deters bone loss: Tooth loss may translate to loss of bone mass in your jaw. Dental implants stimulate your jawbone just like your natural tooth, preventing bone loss.
- Restores the bite force: Given that the dental implant is firmly anchored in the jaw bone (like the natural tooth), this improves the function of your teeth significantly.
- Enables natural speech: A lost tooth can affect how you pronounce certain words. Thankfully, dental implants can restore your speech ability by filling the missing tooth.
- Easy to care: Just like your natural tooth, faithfully brushing and flossing your dental implants is enough to take care of them.
While the dental implant procedure may dent your pocket, it’s a worthwhile investment to rejuvenate your smile. Try it today if a tooth loss is wreaking havoc on your smile and confidence.
How to make your dental implants last long
With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime! But just like your natural teeth, dental implants are prone to infections from plaque buildup. Here are simple tips to ensure that your dental implants last for years to come.
- Brush and floss twice a day
- Limit smoking and tobacco use
- Eat a balanced diet
- Avoid putting extreme pressure on your teeth
Furthermore, it’s imperative to schedule a visit with a dentist at least twice a year to ensure that your dental implants and general oral health are at their optimal best.
Implant dentist near me
Are you unhappy with your smile due to a missing tooth? Please contact 630 756-5844 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Janet S. Stopka of Burr Ridge, IL. Our dental implants procedure will restore your smile, just the way you imagined it.