Dental hygienist near me in the Burr Ridge, IL area discusses helpful teeth hygiene facts
Burr Ridge, IL patients who are seeking an experienced “dental hygienist near me” are welcome to visit Janet S. Stopka DDS, PC. Dr Janet Stopka and her team have decades of combined experience in providing patients with the care they require to achieve and maintain healthy smiles.
ORAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Dentists and dental hygienists stress the importance of taking good care of the smile. This is not just for aesthetic purposes. Oral health has many implications. When patients brush and floss their teeth, they are greatly reducing their risk of developing periodontal disease or cavities. These can have negative, irreversible effects on the smile. Additionally, inflammatory conditions such as periodontal disease can carry through the bloodstream and affect the rest of the body through the oral systemic connection. This puts patients at risk for strokes and heart attacks due to the infection throughout the body. Visiting the dental hygienist for a cleaning and examination every six months is highly recommended to ensure oral health.
Facts about caring for the smile:
- There are over 300 types of bacteria that can be found in dental plaque
- The enamel of the teeth is the hardest substance in the human body
- Individuals who consume three or more servings of soda a day are 62% more likely to develop cavities.
- A single can of soda has approximately 10 teaspoons of sugar.
- By the age of 17, approximately 78 percent of Americans develop their first cavity.
- Patients should brush for two minutes after every meal.
VISIT DR JANET STOPKA TODAY BY CALLING FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Our quality dental hygienists assist patients near the area of Burr Ridge, IL with their dental health needs. Contact us today at 630 756-5844 for an appointment. The practice is conveniently located in Burr Ridge, IL at 16 W 289 83rd Street.
Back to Dental Hygiene