Speak to Burr Ridge, IL cosmetic dentist to learn about dental services for enhancement of your smile
Are you interested in cosmetic dental services for the enhancement of your smile? Are you dealing with a variety of imperfections that need to be improved by a dentist? Do you live in or around the Burr Ridge, IL area? If this sounds like you, Dr. Janet Stopka can assist! Working with a dentist who has experience and training in providing cosmetic restorations allows you to rest easy. She can treat the issues that are impacting the appearance of your smile and offers aesthetic treatment options.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Dr. Janet Stopka describes cosmetic dentistry as a field of dental work with a focus on the aesthetic appearance of the smile. Imperfections may exist, such as discoloration, misaligned teeth, or chips and cracks. Other patients may be faced with tooth loss and may be seeking restorative options. Whatever the reason, patients who are interested in cosmetic dentistry are welcome to speak to our professionals about the options available to them.
What are the cosmetic dental services that are available?
At the practice of Dr. Janet Stopka, patients have access to a wide selection of services under one roof. Treatment of the smile may include one or more of the following cosmetic procedures based on the needs of the patient:
- Dental implants – missing teeth need to be replaced as soon as possible to avoid a wide range of problems that can occur, such as misalignment and bone loss. Dental implants are posts placed into the bone of the jaw to act as a tooth root replacement. They can be restored over the top using a crown, bridge, or denture, depending on the patient’s unique situation.
- Dental crowns – also known as caps, dental crowns can cover a tooth and offer an extra layer of strength and protection. Additionally, patients may use a dental crown over the abutment of a dental implant to replace a single tooth and restore the appearance of a beautiful smile. Dental crowns are custom-made and created based on the appearance of the patient’s existing teeth, ensuring the crown is the same shape, size, and color for seamless integration.
- Dental bridges – another option for tooth replacement is the dental bridge. Dental bridges are restorations made with false teeth attached to dental crowns on each end. The adjacent teeth support the bridge so it can “bridge the gap” between them. The bridge is bonded into place and restores function and beauty to the smile.
- Porcelain veneers – patients with imperfections near the front of the smile on the anterior teeth may enjoy using porcelain veneers to enhance their appearance. Veneers are ceramic facings bonded over the front of teeth to disguise problems such as chips, staining, or even unusually shaped teeth.
- Invisalign – for some patients, alignment of the teeth is necessary to achieve a more attractive smile. Invisalign is an alternative to conventional orthodontics. Instead of using metal brackets and wires to repair the smile, Invisalign utilizes clear plastic aligner trays that gently push teeth into proper alignment. Invisalign uses a series of these trays that patients work through, wearing each tray for two weeks. By the end of the process, patients will have a better-aligned smile they are proud to share with others!
- Composite resin bonding – Dr. Janet Stopka ensures that she uses the best materials to restore a patient’s smile. Composite resin bonding is a popular choice, as it has the same appearance as natural tooth enamel and can offer an affordable alternative to porcelain veneers. Composite resin bonding is also used in restoring teeth impacted by cavities.
- Teeth whitening services – sometimes, a brighter smile can make all the difference! Patients who want to brighten their teeth and combat stains can ask about professional teeth whitening solutions available at the practice to enhance their smile before obtaining other restorations such as crowns, bridges, and veneers.
Request an appointment today
Dr. Janet Stopka of Burr Ridge, IL is a dedicated biological dentist who is pleased to offer patients in the community the services they need to improve the appearance of their smiles. Call the practice today at 630 756-5844 and speak to our team of professionals ready and willing to assist with a wide range of smile enhancement needs. The office is conveniently located at 16W289 83rd Street in Suite D and accepts new patients.